Search This Blog

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Old School News

I have been working for about three months now. It takes me about an hour to drive to work. Two hours round trip. I can now make that drive in my sleep at 75 mph. In fact I think I have already accomplished this(wink wink)

Before starting work I always used to balk at the idea of listening to news on the radio. Like OMG, listening to news radio is sooooo 20th century. But after listening to my ipod playlist a gazillion times even Led Zeppelin failed to keep the boredom away. So I decided to check out our National Public Radio. I was hooked.

Why you might ask? Well, they dont just cover the news. They talk about science, music, art, personal stories, etc etc. The best story I heard today was about a mosquito that "hibernates" in the winter. How cool it that.

It is ironic that in the digital age where everything is at your finger tips one can still be riveted by news radio.

1 comment:

  1. some other friends residing in the US praise NPR too. Quite an interesting mix of topics they discuss, I have heard.

    I wonder when All India Radio will take cue...

    ReplyDelete